2nd Annual World Broom Races to Benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Flightlinez and Fremont Street Experience welcome back the event that started it all…
Flightlinez zipline attraction, Fremont Street Experience, Susan G. Komen for the Cure and flyers from around the valley.
Flightlinez and the Fremont Street Experience welcome back Susan G. Komen for the Cure for the 2nd annual World Broom Races. This event is near and dear to Flightlinez as well as the Las Vegas community as it’s the event that started it all for the downtown attraction and was the first of many charitable events that have followed.
During the Annual World Broom Races, guests are encouraged to wear costumes and fly across the downtown attraction for bragging rights of having the fastest flight in the west! This event is Halloween themed so get your costumes on and come cheer on your favorite rider! Costumes are definitely encouraged and contests and giveaways will happen throughout the event.
Owner Ian Green first brought the Flightlinez zipline attraction to downtown Las Vegas to hold this fundraiser for Susan G. Komen for the Cure. The event filled a niche for a family attraction downtown and Fremont Street Experience and Flightlinez decided to keep the zipline going. In February, they decided to begin monthly charity events to support local organizations and have since donated more than $140,000 to the Las Vegas community.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Event runs from 7 p.m. until midnight* with proceeds benefitting Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Official races take place at the following times**:
*Flightlinez general hours of operations are from noon until midnight. **A special performance by an aerialist will kick off each hour of rides.
Noon until 6 p.m. Flightlinez Zipline rides are $15
6 p.m. until midnight Flightlinez Zipline rides are $20
Fremont Street Experience
425 Fremont Street
Downtown Las Vegas, Nev.
Flightlinez owns and operates the zipline ride attraction located at the Fremont Street Experience and continuously puts forth fundraising efforts to support charities and worthwhile causes in Las Vegas. For more information on Flightlinez, please visit fremontstreetflightline.com.
The Southern Nevada Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® ~ along with those who generously support the organization with their talent, time and resources ~ is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in our community. Through events like the Komen Southern Nevada Race for the Cure®, we have invested more than $5.1 million in local breast health and breast cancer projects in Southern Nevada over the past 16 years. Up to 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate provide grants for innovative community programs that reduce breast cancer mortality through screening, treatment, education and safety-net services, while the remaining 25 percent supports groundbreaking breast cancer research grants. In 2011, the Affiliate funded nearly $700,000 in local breast health programs for the uninsured and underserved in Las Vegas and surrounding service areas, while providing more than $160,000 to breast cancer research. For more information, visit komensouthernnevada.org or call 702-822-2324.